Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Walmart

I don't like going to Walmart but there are times when it's a necessary evil. Like when FH wants cheap work jeans and the cat needs cat litter.

Now that I live with a cat, I forget he uses things like cat litter (oh, I've never lived with a pet before so this is all new to me) so when I saw a coupon deal for litter for $.67 each I jumped on it.

I am so glad this time I brought FH with me because there was no way I was carrying all that litter myself! We ended up with 10 bags of cat litter priced at $1.76 each and for each bag, we used a $1.10 coupon (and we did not shelf-clear, there were at least 10 bags still left on the shelf). That trip to Walmart was worth it...and even I amazed FH who is learning the power of couponing.

One conversation FH and I had went like this, "Susan, do you have any coupons for razors?"

Me, "Yeah." As I pulled out all the razor coupons. "I have a $3 off if you buy any of these razors." (I pointed to them on the shelf)

Him, "Wait, if I use that coupon this package (he holds up one package) is $3.99 after the coupon and this one (holds up second package) is $2.99 so it's completely free."

Me, "Yep!"

Him, throwing the free one in the cart, "I'll take the free one."

No comments:

Post a Comment