Saturday, May 7, 2011

My summer mission

For those that know me well, they know that I have two teenage nieces, that I adore ... my oldest niece is finishing up her freshman year in college.

Over Easter we were talking about the show Extreme Couponing, and afterwards, I emailed her and asked her to give me a list of the toiletry items that she will need for when she returns to college in late August. My mission for this summer is to get everything on that toiletry list for less than $50.

Day 1 of my mission included 9 free tubes of Colgate toothpaste from CVS.

Using my 2 CVS cards (one in my maiden and one in my married name)

CVS Trip #1 with CVS card in my maiden name:
Colgate on sale for $2.77 each, with $2.77 in ECB back - limit two = $5.54
I used two $1/1 coupons
Total: $3.54 - of which I paid for with ECB from last week.

CVS Trip #2 with CVS card in my married name:
Colgate on sale for $2.77 each, with $2.77 in ECB back - limit two = $5.54
I used two $1/1 coupons
Total: $3.54 - of which I paid for with ECB from last week.

CVS Trip #3 with CVS a raincheck
Previous sale where Colgate on sale for $1 (part of a 5 for $5 sale) - raincheck for 5, with 5 $1/1 coupons.
Total: $0

I texted her today to let her know of my progress for her, her response "haha, that is insane!" Ah, yes, I am an awesome aunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment