Thursday, May 19, 2011

Free! Free! Free!

One of things I said to myself early on was when I started couponing was to challenge myself on finding deals (my first challenge was free toilet paper). With the Internet and all the great sites out there couponing, I'm finding, it is easy if you read up on sales and coupon matchups before you go out (which I do). Yes, it takes time, but not as much as you think, and when you realize how much I save, it's well worth it.

I went to Shaw's. They had a few items I wanted to get on sale, plus they double coupons! Win Win! Right?

Well here's what I got for free:
Better Oats -- I asked for coupons in the mail and received two $.55 off coupons which doubled. The oatmeal was on sale 10 for $10 (see how that math works out?) they were FREE!
Athenos Hummus - on sale for $1.99 used 2 b1g1 free coupons. Two packages were free
Pretzel Crisps - on sale for $2.88 used 2 b1g1 free coupons Two bags of pretzel crisps were free (and I love these)
Carolina rice - regular price $.89, had 2 $.50 off coupons which doubled making both packages of rice FREE!
Wacky Mac - on sale b1g1 which were $1.43, used a $1 off when you buy 2 coupons and I had a SavingStar.com coupon on my iPhone for $.40 off. These ended up costing me $.03 (mostly free)

My favorite deal of the day was the Erin Baker's granola which I found in the Wild Harvest section for 50% off making each bag of granola $2.49. Funny thing was, the bags right next to it weren't on sale and had $1 peelies on the bags so I paid $1.49 for organic granola. Whoo hoo!

Everything else I used coupons for. I saved $33.54 and only spent $25.68

No comments:

Post a Comment