Friday, October 7, 2016

My First Review! And an introduction!

Hey ya'll!  I'm Erin.  First up, a little about me.  I am a Southern (Savannah, GA) transplant living in the Big City (New York, NY).  I live in Brooklyn with my wonderful entrepreneur and CTO husband and our darling toy poodles, Teddy and Simon.

I am an avid knitter, adult colorer, and beginner sewer but I am interested in almost every craft you can think of and some you probably wouldn't even consider.  I am the proud Step Mother to three smaller and maybe even more awesome versions of my husband, proud Aunt to a 7 year old niece and an eeeny weeny 2 month old nephew, and supporter and surrogate family member to many many many children created by other people.  Child free by choice, I am happy to share all of my love and devotion other people's kiddos.  I wouldn't have it any other way.

From me you'll see all sorts of beauty products, crafting tools, and household items that will hopefully make your life easier (and if they don't, I will tell you the truth).  I have Opinions on many things and I am happy to share them with you all.  But what a background in diplomacy and my Southern Roots, I will always be nice about it.

So for my first review, I have to disclose I got these products from Bzzagent for free.  All they ask is I spread the word about the product.  These I cannot say enough about because they are awesome.

I have been trying the L'oreal Paris Revitalift Reveal Products for about the past month and I am so impressed.  Here's a brief description (written by me) of all four of the products in the collection:

The Brightening Daily Scrub Cleanser is for use both day and night and has a gentle but effective exfoliant that's approved to use twice daily.  I really like this product and I have been using it religiously.  And at a retail of $6.99, it's a steal!

Perhaps my favorite of the group, the Brightening Daily Peel Pads are little round pre-soaked pads used only at night.  Full disclosure, while trying these products I started using some dermatologist prescribed medications that dried me out massively for a few weeks.  These pads were a lifesaver for clearing away the dead skin.  I look forward to using these nightly.  And at $19.99, these are a bit of a splurge but certainly on the lower end of products containing glycolic acids.

The Brightening Dual Overnight Moisturizer, also retailing at $19.99 is the only one I don't LOVE.  I like it, but it doesn't have as much of a cream like consistency that I prefer in a nighttime moisturizer.  It is more like a serum, which is fine.  And it seems to work.  I love the feel of my skin just before bed.

Finally, I really like the Brightening Day Moisturizer with SPF 30.  If you aren't using a sunscreen, get thee to a pharmacy!  And I'm not talking SPF 5 or 10...go AT LEAST 30   Particularly if your skin care products contain any kinds of acids, you need to protect your beautiful skin from the effects of the ball of fire in the sky!  This works great!  It is lightweight, fragrance free and not expensive at $19.99.  I will be buying this again.

It is worth noting none of these products have a fragrance, which I like.  You can smell the sunscreen in the moisturizer but I find that comforting.

And now, for some photos.  I recognize we just met and I should put on some makeup, but you need to see the results!

Here's me on day one.  I feel like my skin was dull, my pores were HUGE, and my face was breaking out.  YUCK!



Here's today.  My skin feels better, my pores are smaller and, while I still break out at certain times (cough) I feel so much more confident!


I can see the difference!  Can you?

For a skin care routine that costs less than $100 all in (and I still have some of everything but the pads left) I think this is a great buy and stacks up to many way more expensive products.

It's a win from me.

XOXO!

No comments:

Post a Comment