Friday, July 8, 2011

10 things I refuse to pay more than $1 for

So, one of the many things that I learned while couponing, that there are just some things that you don't need to pay for ... and hey, why should we?
  1. Condiments .... ketchup, mustard, relish, bbq sauce - during the summer these are always on sale, combine that with double coupons, and stock up!
  2. Paper towels .... shop around on these, paper products go on sale a few times a year. Since these never spoil, get as many as you can get your hands on for the cheapest price.
  3. Gum ... really, when did gum begin to cost more than $1. Rite-Aid always has gum on sale, and by watching their videos, there has been at least one gum coupon each month.
  4. Pickles .... my husband goes through a jar of pickles a week. When they are on sale for 2 for $4. and I use two $.75 coupons, that double ... so I can get two for $1.00, I am one happy camper.
  5. Tuna .... this always goes on sale, but there is rarely coupons - when this is 10 for $10, or less than a $1, I buy LOTS. Tuna is always great to have on hand.
  6. Bleach .... bleach is bleach, really lets face it. I use it once a week for my whites. Once upon a time I was brand loyal, now, I have been using those $1 off Hannaford's brand item for Hannaford's bleach.
  7. Seasoning .... when the Weber and McCormick coupons come out, why would you use them towards a larger size, when you can use them towards the packets. When these go on sale, they are a $1 or less...another free product.
  8. Brownie mix .... another item the goes on sale, alot. Especially with the summer and the holidays. When these are $1, if you can get your hands on coupons, this makes it an even better score ... can you say el cheapo? (I got 36 Pillsbury brownies mixes this week for $5)
  9. Dips .... Hellva good dip goes on sale a lot too - I try to get my hands on $.75/1 or $1.00/1 coupons. Over the last few weeks, I have been getting a bunch, average price $.50 a piece.
  10. Toothpaste ... I wish toothpaste had more use, I have probably 40+ tubes of toothpaste in the bunker that I got for free.
Happy stockpiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment