Monday, July 18, 2011

Maine versus Mass

This past weekend I tried to get in a little R&R up in Maine (which is why my Friday Freebie post didn't end up going up), but while I was up there I decided to do a little experiment with coupon inserts.

I bought two papers in Maine -- Seacost Online which publishes on Saturday and the Maine Telegram on Sunday -- and my hunch was right.  Between those two papers AND my Boston Globe subscription I got so many coupons that were the same, but few were different. The one thing I noticed that was different was the values of the coupons in the paper. We could get in the Boston paper $1 off 2 whereas Maine would get $.40 off one. I took a picture before I sliced and diced the paper just to show the difference.

It looks like every time I head to another state, I'll be sure to grab a paper and start to look for coupons for different values via eBay or a clipping service.

No comments:

Post a Comment