Saturday, April 23, 2011

The second thing I hate paying for is...

 ..toilet paper. I don't get why it's so expensive but that's besides the point. One of the things I learned in Kathy Spencer's class was to start small and challenge yourself so I decided to challenge myself this week to figure out how to get toilet paper for free.

I paid $1.46 for 24 rolls of toilet paper, a box of tissue, easter candy and paper plates. I went to Rite Aid earlier in the week and earned $10 in +UP rewards. After sitting down with the paper last night I figured how how I was going to do it. It took me a little thinking outside the box but I was determined. Here's how.

In case you didn't know Rite Aid has VV (Video Values) where you create an account, watch videos and earn coupons. I watched all the clean home videos and got a $2 off a $10 purchase on home cleaning items that were on sale this week  for $7.99 (aka the Scott toilet paper) and I also earned $2 off the purchase of 2 Dixie paper products, $.50 off the purchase of 2 Cadbury Creme Eggs and $.50 off two Resses peanut butter eggs. In addition to all these coupons I did a survey at the bottom of my receipt and got a $3 off a $15 purchase. Easy..right? Here's how it broke down.

2 Scott Tissues, on sale for 7.99 each
2 Dixie plates, on sale buy one get one free
2 Resses/Cadbury 2 for $1 on sale
1 box Puffs $.99

Coupons broke down as follows:
  • Used 2, $1 off Scott Manufacturers Coupons
  • $2 off $10 purchase VV coupon (this was specific items, included was the toilet paper so I had to buy 2 to make it over $10)
  • $2 off 2 Dixie Plates VV coupon (I did buy 2 plates, the store was running a special buy one get one so this qualified)
  • 2, $.50 off when you buy two candy coupons (one for Resses and Cadbury Creme Eggs)
  • $3 off your next $15 purchase survey coupon
  • 1, $.50 off Puffs coupon
  • $10 +UP rewards from my purchase earlier in the week

The end result I got my toilet paper free and only paid $1.46  for all this. And...I got to make someone a cute little Easter basket for under $2 (I bought the holder for $1 at AC Moore on my way home) so he was very happy. Cha-Ching!

No comments:

Post a Comment