Sunday, April 10, 2011

Mission Accomplished: Free Stuff Aquired

The funny thing with me, is I can't get out of bed early to save my life. I, like Elizabeth Taylor, will be late for my own funeral ... but the only day that this does not apply, is Sunday mornings. I can't wait to get up (usually by 6:30am), so I can hurry up to get the paper, cut my coupons and plan my day. Today, I was really chomping at the bit to get to Shaw's. With the Philly Cooking Cream Cheese being free after coupons, and having 9 of those coupons, and $1 off 2 Vitamin waters..I was counting the minutes to leave this morning. Before I went to Shaw's though, I stopped at CVS. When I scanned my CVS card, in not only did I get my quarterly ECB of $9, I got another $5 ECB from the beauty club, that was followed of $5 off Excedrin, and $3 off tampons. I coupled the Excedrin and the tampons with other coupons I had, and my starting total was $43.25, my ending total was $5.96. All of that $5.96 is eligible for FSA reimbursement. The funny thing, I only went in there to get Wesson Oil that was $2.99, and I had a $1 off coupon for. But with my headaches, you can never have enough Excedrin, and well you can never have enough tampons either.... My favorite score of the day was at Shaws, where my starting total was $81.40, I paid $39.74. I got 9 free Philly Cooking Cream Cheese, 4 boxes of Success rice, 30 Vitamin water, 2 bags of Lays chips, one 80 count Snuggle Dryer Sheets, 2 boxes of Skinny Cow ice creams, a pack of Perdue chicken breasts, 1 CPK frozen pizza and 4 Fuze drinks. What didn't I pay for? 15 Vitamin waters, 4 Fuze Drinks and 9 Philly Cooking Cream Cheese...those were all free. Everything else I bought, I had a coupon for, most doubled. And with all of my stops today, I did not spend over $100, which was my goal. I came in around $80. BTW, when I came home, I made two dishes with the Philly Cooking Cream Cheeses, and they are very yummy ... and not for nothing, you can't beat free!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment