Monday, April 18, 2011

Grocery Store Hop

How much do you think 5 boxes of cereal, 2 packages of bacon, 2 packages of hot dogs, 4 jars of Newman's Own Sauce, 6 pouches of Starkist Tuna, 8 rolls of toilet paper, 2 Silk Soymilk, a gallon of milk, fresh strawberries, 1/2 lb fresh fish for dinner, hummus, deli cheese, trash bags, and other miscellaneous items ended up costing me today?
Go on...take a guess. I dare you..

Under $50! Here's how my savings worked out by hopping between Shaw's and Stop & Shop on Saturday.

Shaw's paid $18.90
Savings $27.32
Plus I got a CAT coupon for $1.50 off my next purchase

Stop & Shop paid $27.18
Savings $40.72

And I earned $.10 off gas from Stop & Shop. I just have to figure out how this gas program works now.

My favorite score of the day was the two packages of toilet paper. The toilet paper was on sale 2/$7 and I found a $3 off a 4 pack coupon at the register and had a second $1 off coupon from the newspaper for a total of $3 for 8 rolls or $.38 a roll.  I can handle that.

I just started detailing my obsession but I hate, hate, hate paying a lot of money for toilet paper (and cereal too). I don't know why but I just do.  It is a necessity but do the retailers really need to charge us an arm and a leg?!? Blah!

Since I had the day off today, I stopped at Shaw's to stock up on Newman's Own sauce, frozen vegetables that were on sale and two packages of chicken. Total spent approx $15 (I left my register receipt upstairs and I'm typing downstairs). I know I saved about $26!

No comments:

Post a Comment