Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Pit-Stop

A quick pit stop turned into a fantastic CVS trip yesterday. I left the store paying $.52 for all this. If you hadn't been to a CVS and scanned your card this week you missed out on some great freebie coupons. My CVS card is tied to my health insurance so I get 20% off CVS healthcare brand products not on sale all the time so on top of a great coupon I get 20% off.

The CVS magic coupon machine gave me two freebie coupons this week one for a free box of CVS fabric bandaids (retails value $4.29 or less) and a second coupon for a free Caramello. I stopped at CVS twice before the coupons expired yesterday and I asked the store clerk if I could substitute any CVS bandaid since they were out of practically everything and no Caramellos were in stock.

He agreed! I was so happy.

Here's how my coupons worked out:
M&M's on sale 2/$1, bought 6, used 2 $1.25 off 3 coupons (all 6 bags were $.50)
Bandaids $2.49 - 20% off and used my coupon (the cashier allowed me the overage and rang it in at $4.29! Cha-Ching) = FREE
The Hershey bar was a substitute for the free Caramello = FREE using coupons
Burt's Bees lotion travel sized $1.99 not on sale

When all was said and done, the overage on the bandaid coupon, plus my 20% off savings make that trip fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment