Thursday, August 11, 2011

About Last Night

Ever have one of those days when it seems like you can't get out of your own way and you probably should have stayed in bed? Yep, that was me last night. The last thing I wanted to do was go to the grocery store but sometimes just wandering around the store clears my head.

A few weeks ago I organized my cereal stockpile and said I didn't need to buy anymore cereal but there was a caveat to that. I could ONLY buy cereal if I found it super cheap and was stuff we would eat. So, off to Shaw's I went. I went to buy Cascadian Farms cereal because I knew I had a coupon for it and could get it for $1 a box.

Well, when I got to Shaw's and was standing in front of the Cascasian Farms cereal I was angry. My coupons expired but when I rounded the corner it instantly made up for it, I found Kashi marked down to 50% off (thanks Kashi for changing your box!) and I picked up a few other things. Total I spent $11.47 and saved 66% on a quick trip -- adding 4 boxes of cereal to my stockpile...but we did finish 2 last night so it evens out, right?

Here's how I did it:
Barbara's Cereal regular price $5.19, this week it was $3.59, bought 2 used 2, $1 off coupons (2.59 each, this the second cheapest I've ever been able to find this cereal!)
Cape Cod Chips not on sale $3.49, managed to snag a coupon for a free bag so it was FREE
Kashi Cereal regular price $4.49 on clearance for 50% off, it was $2.24 each, used $1 off when you buy 2 Kashi coupons ($3.48 for 2)
Celery (Blech, but I bought by request) $2.49
Spinach and Cheese ravioli regular price $4.99, it was a managers special with  $3 off coupon ($1.99 for a quick easy dinner)
Lemon juice $1.59, had a $1.50 off any juice CAT so this was $.09!!
Panko bread crumbs $1.93 (no coupons)

An additional $2 off rang up when I checked out. I was a happy camper!

No comments:

Post a Comment