Thursday, June 23, 2011

Times are Changing

The other day I posted about how happy I was that my local Market Basket posted their coupon policy. I had pretty much abandoned shopping at Market Basket for Shaw's because of their coupon policy which they just changed. The only reason I was shopping at Shaw's was for the double coupons and now with their policy change it just isn't worth it. I know I can still find deals there but I'll definitely be shopping there a lot LESS.

(click here to read the changes)

When I read this comment on the HowtoShopForFree.Net site I can only blame the stupid TLC show.

"couponcarol says: June 23, 2011 at 1:49 am
I work in the cash office of a local Shaws store & alot of these changes are infact due to the recent extreme couponers & extreme couponing show. Your name & book & some of you shopping teachings were brought up in a recent meetings. The book was a big turn off for the higher ups in management, & the gas promotion was ended due gross miss use of the program. The gas points were to be given based on what a person paid after all coupons, not before. Somebody taught you how to get around that glitch by having the cashier hit sub total once or twice then scanning all your coupons. You showed others how to beat the gas system & earn points that they were not entitled to, also how to work catalina deals with psp pricing rather than the actual sale price and after coupons, you taught to do pre sale price with coupons to get catalinas and that you & your large followers doing the same thing cost corp to much money and they were getting lots of bad feedback. To many people were complaining and almost to a boycott since the airing of extreme couponing done in portland,ME."
I am by no means an Extreme Couponer, I do coupon. I buy things when they are on sale and typically only buy things with coupons because it saves me money. I have multiple items we use (always have a back up) but I am PISSED off. Thanks for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment